This two-story 30,000 square foot building is being designed to support patient involvement and team-based care. The array of services, to include medical, dental and behavioral health care, will be integrated to provide a comprehensive and coordinated approach to health care.
The New Fortuna Community Health Center will:
- Easily help recruit new providers to the ERV
- Compliment Redwood Memorial Hospital breathe of services
- Be able to accommodate for a 75% growth factor over the current capacity of the Open Door sites in Fortuna and Ferndale.
- Three family practice suites with 27 medical exam rooms and access to telemedicine
- Dental suite with 7 operatories
- Space for 2 dentists,one hygienist and licensed resident from UCSF.
- Diagnostic laboratory and phlebotomy services
- Medication dispensary
- Reception and insurance eligibility assistance services
- Comfortable waiting areas and access to outside gardens and patios
- Care teams of providers, nurses, medical assistants and case managers
- Behavioral health suite with three private offices and a conference room
- Teaching kitchen
- Public conference rooms and a health care training suite
- Walking trail around the center and easy access to Redwood Memorial Hospital, Ambrosini Elementary school and existing community trails
- Benches along the walking path
- A community vegetable garden, native plantings and natural landscaping
- A restored natural wetland ,large water retention garden and solitude garden.
- 30,000 square feet of health care space
- Five acre parcel with eco-friendly driveways, parking and planting
- A short direct walk or ride to Redwood Memorial Hospital
- ADA compliant and barrier free
- Low impact development
- Landscaped buffer area around the property
- Outdoor children's play area
- Solar Power ready
- Ample parking for patients and staff
- Direct access to public transportation