Open Door Health Centers:
Open Door Community Health Centers started as just one clinic in 1971. At that time there wasn’t enough access to quality health care in Humboldt and surrounding counties. The founders of Open Door shared the vision of providing excellent health care to their community.
45 years later, Open Door has 13 clinics spread throughout Humboldt and Del Norte Counties and serves more than 50,000 patients a year ( serves 1 in 3 residents in Humboldt and Del Norte Counties) and employs over 560 members of the community.
Open Door continually seeks to promote the development of a health care system that meets the needs and enhances the health of the members of our community. This core value of Open Door has led it to begin the development of the new Fortuna Community Health Center, a place for the Eel River Valley to gain access to expanded comprehensive primary medical and dental care.
A history of the Open Door Centers :
- 1971 Humboldt Open Door Clinic
- 1977 Burre Mobile Dental
- 1990 Del Norte Community Health Center
- 1991 Eureka Community Health Center, moved to a new location in 2012
- 1998 McKinleyville Community Health Center
- 2000 NorthCountry Clinic
- 2002 Burre Dental Center
- 2005 Teleheath and Visiting Specialist Center
- 2008 Willow Creek Community Health Center
- 2010 NorthCountry Prenatal Services
- 2011 Mobile Health Services
- 2012 NEW Eureka Community Health & Wellness Center opened
- 2014 Ferndale Community Health Center
- 2014 Fortuna Community Health Center
- 2017 NEW Fortuna Community Health Center*
*The opening of the new Fortuna Community Health Center will replace three leased spaces formerly occupied by Humboldt Medical Group and Redwood Internal Medicine. When the new site is completed, these three sites will be closed.
In 2015 Open Door Community Health Centers:
- Served 1 in 3 residents in Humboldt and Del Norte counties
- Employed 560 people
- Served more than 55,000 patients
- Provided more than 250,000 visits
- Celebrated 45 years of health care in Humboldt County